Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Biggles!

Someone asked me to make a Biggles plane for him, and I was intrigued by the idea because while it is hard to make a stuffed plane (floppy wings) it seemed impossible to make a stuffed plane with two sets of floppy wings, but with judicious use of bendy plastic I think I pulled it off!

 To make the goggles I made small circles out of plastic and glued felt around their brims. To get perfect circles I took the plastic into work and used a hole punch.
Colleague comes up to ask me a question while I, worried that I will lose the tiny circles, am carfully sticking them to a strip of sellotape.
"Hi, Emma, can I ask you a question?"
I look up, tongue sticking out in concentration "Yep"
She looks at me "Urm, you look busy, why don't I leave you for a bit?"
"If you could just give me a minute"
"Of course, you just come over when you have finished... doing that thing that you are doing."

 I used a cotter pin joint on the blades so they do actually turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment