Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day Twenty eight - Tetrahedral kite


Alexander Graham Bell made tetrahedral kites in the early 1900s to disprove the theory that size detrimentally effected a flying machine's ability to get off the ground.
I made one just to use up some of the 224 drinking straws left over from Mother's Day. So, hey, £1.19 worth of straws and half a dozen recycled plastic bags - this is a very cheap project and kinda therapeutic. Probably would be a lovely thing to do if you had children.

I read that this flies well, even from standing. I stood in the garden and threw it in the air, but it didn't take off, so it may need a *bit* more wind.

Also! In your face sugar craft eggs. I totally (finally) nailed the panoramic easter egg. Bear in mind, this was supposed to have a lot more fancy icing on it and a little bunny or something on the inside. But as it is a bonus, you can make do with the little flowers framing the hole and not complain. Needless to say, if I wanted to make an awesome cutesy panoramic egg, I now know I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment